Tuesday, July 19, 2011

JT - Fishing

I was thinking about this project and wanted to use the JT fish for my hubby's fishing picture.  I saw a challenge at My Pink Stamper and decided to make this page for the challenge. The winner can be on their design team-sounds like a blast!  We are supposed to:
 
Make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite Cricut cartridge using the following colors......
Orange
Turquoise 
Green
Brown
(other optional color of your choice)
 
My optional color is blue.
I made this layout using the JT cartridge for the imagine and the text is made with Gypsy Font, colored with a pattern from the JT cart.  
The fish are almost 4 inches, I split them and copied them and fit to page to make 2 complete layered fish on an 8.5 X 11 sheet of white paper.  I sprayed them with Bliss Mist to give them a nice shiny glow.  Aren't those fish funny?
I made the "waves" out of the border in the JT cart.  I printed two at one inch, and two more turquoise on the cut only setting.


I never would have thought to use orange and brown on my layout except for the challenge, but I think those colors really set off my pictures, so if I don't win the challenge, I'm a winner already!  Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. This is a great layout---I really like how your fish turned out, I'd have had no idea how you did that if you hadn't explained!! Great details!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is wonderful!
    Good Luck!!!
    Craftelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO, looks great!
    I really like the fish, they look cool.
    Good Luck on the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually the brown and orange go very well on your LO!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my SASL post.
    Your newest follower, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute LO! You did a great job. Can't wait to see what you create next!

    JulieK
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the layout and the fish!! Good luck with the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layout. Great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now a new follower.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for becoming a follower. See you online.

    ReplyDelete